Wednesday, December 16, 2009

It's been a while!

We have had a lot of life changes in the last 10 months so I figured that maybe I should do some good updating of the blog. Jared has done a good job of adding a little comical humor every few months, but we have had a lot of big things going on lately that he has left out. (Not necessarily in order of date, but of importance :))

#1



To the right is one of the most recent pictures of our little guy, Ayden! He is due on Feb 3rd and we can’t wait till he gets here! I love this pic because he was getting mad that the ultrasound tech kept poking him. He just wanted to sleep. Jared and I were convinced we were having a girl, we found out in September that we were mistaken. The ultrasound tech asked what we thought we were having and I told him that we thought we were having a girl. We got a prefect shot and he asked again what we thought it was. I said “I don’t think that is a girl”. He said “You are 100% right”. My most recent ultrasound was at 30 weeks. We got some more awesome 3D pics and double checked that we were still having a boy. Good news nothing has fallen off!



We have been having lots of fun getting his room ready and buying lots of baby stuff. I still have a few things that I want to do to his room, but we are getting closer. I think Jared’s favorite purchase has been the Chicco stroller. He thinks that his baby should have the Cadillac model of everything :)

7 weeks to go! Wish us luck!


#2


We bought a new house in April. We absolutely love it! It has been a lot of work but well worth it to have a place to call our own. Multiple people told us as soon as we got a house we would have a baby. If we would have known that is what it would take we would have done it sooner! The next big project is putting in a yard. We started when we moved in and are nowhere near being finished.



#3

In September we went on a cruise with a big group of friends to the Western Caribbean. We had so much fun! First we stopped in Grand Cayman. We snorkeled and swam with the sting rays. The second stop was Roatan. Most of the guys went windsurfing. The rest of us went snorkeling. The third stop was Belize were we went to the Mayan ruins and boated down a river. The last stop was in Cozumel which was easily my favorite place. It was sooo beautiful. We took a tour on Harley’s all around the island. I wished we had more time in Cozumel. I would have loved to have gone snorkeling.










#4




Jared had to get in another Harley trip before we had the baby so for our anniversary this year that is what we decided to do. We decided to just stay close but it was fun because we had multiple friends go with us.

That is the quick update on us. I will try to be better about posting. Especially when the baby gets here!

6 comments:

Bailey Baldwin said...

i'm so glad you updated! and congrats on having a boy- so exciting! we have the same stroller:)

Unknown said...

Well it is about time!! :) I loved all the pictures! Especially of the baby room, and the house, and the cruise! You guys really have had an exciting year!?

Stephanie said...

Congrats Jared and Ashley!!! I'm happy for you.

amy said...

Yay, i'm glad you updated! (not that I have)We're excited to see you guys in a couple months!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all the exciting events!!!!

The Jones Family said...

I just talked to my mom and she said she had just been to your baby shower. I am so excited for you and your little guy. Life as you know it will forever change-congrats! Looks like you are enjoying life and living in Cache Valley. I would love to see you when we head that way in May. It has been far too long since I last saw you! I think by now the baby should be here, so best wishes and congrats again! Megan (Falslev) Jones