Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Truck Derby

After

The fearless pit crew
Before


There is no question (judging by the background/layout of the blog) that Ashley is the primary blogger. I am a secondary back-up of sorts who can be pressured into making an entry here and there. So...It is both a privilege and an honor to take this opportunity to discuss a recent demolition derby event in which I was a participant. The big, heavy, solid steel full size cars that once consumed the earth like global warming are now on the brink of extinction. Because of this, it has become necessary to resort to other forms of demolition transportation: trucks. Logan has become the pioneers of the truck derby and had their first full truck derby last Saturday. The large turnout of 27 trucks leads me to believe that it will become much more of a tradition considering the car derby before that had a total of 11 cars. I picked up a 1977 Chevrolet 1/2 ton which I began building Thursday night and finished it Friday night (the night before the derby). The beauty of trucks is that they are relatively easy to build. I could never build a car in 24 hours like I did on this truck. I pulled the 1st heat and placed in my heat qualifying for the main event. The truck was in such great shape and I drove right out of the arena and in to the pit. The main event went on forever and I ended up taking 2nd. I fried my starter towards the end. It was fun. I had the best big crew ever: Buzzy, Eric, Erik, Rob, and Murray. Thanks! Because of their involvement, they are officially white trash rednecks. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohmygosh...your comment was HILARIOUS!! When I got back from lunch one of my co-worker friends immediately said, "I don't know who Jared is, but I love him," and then she started laughed hysterically. And then I read the comment and I laughed hysterically. You're are a little devil with the keyboard! Love it! Thanks for the back-up.