Wednesday, January 21, 2009

He's Back!!!


Landon came home on the 14th. I will admit I wasn't to excited to see him. I have gotten so used to him being away from home I thought that it would be weird to have him back. All I have known him as for the past two years is a pen pal. Besides I have yet to meet a normal RM. Landon has changed. I would definitely say for the better. He is the same old goofball, but more sincere and kind. I went with my family to pick him up from the airport. The second I got to hug him I didn't care if he was going to be a weirdo, it was just so good to actually see him.

He didn't know, but my parents bought him a new snowmobile for Christmas. It was sitting in the garage with a few of our aunts, uncles, and cousins when he got home. My dad had signed him up to race in Preston two days after he got home. So the night he got home the boys were up late putting together his snowmobile, so we could all go riding the next day. Don't worry my parents warned the neighbors he was coming home so they weren't surprised when someone was flying up and down the field on a snowmobile at 12:30 in the morning. Landon did really well, he qualified second. Not to bad for not riding a snowmobile for two years, at least that we know of!

Landon, my mom, and grandma flew to California on Saturday so he was unable to finish the hillclimb. Landon went back to baptize one of the kids he had been teaching. It is awesome to have him back. He must have missed us too, because he called everyday multiple times just to say hi, while he was back in Cali. Who would have though that one day my punching bag/scratching post/chew toy would be one of my best friends.

3 comments:

TJ & Jayden said...

Hey cute girl!!! I am so excited you found me. It is good to hear some updates about you and your fam. I am sorry to hear about the struggles you have been going through but you are an amazing woman and you will be alright. Tell Landon "HI" from me. I can't believe 2 years have gone by. CRAZY!!!! Keep in touch and we will talk soon hopefully

Ryan & Amber said...

Good job on posting again! I still can't believe how much Landon has changed.

Ryan and Jen said...

Hey! How are you? Good to know you are blogging so I can keep up on you two! Talk to you soon